A vertical green wall system is made up of plants that grow vertically and can be an amazing addition to your home or business. The best part is that you can completely customize a green wall to your desires and needs. There are unlimited options when it comes to the size, design, and plants featured in your green wall. Learn more about this below.
Plants for Your Scottsdale Green Wall System
When determining which types of plants will fit best in your green wall system in Scottsdale, there are a lot of questions to answer. First, it is important to know how much sunlight your green wall will be exposed to. Also, what are the temperature and humidity like in the location? Other relevant information that helps determine what plants will thrive in a specific area includes traffic flow and space for the plants to grow.
As you can see, there are a lot of factors to consider when picking plants for your green wall system, not the least of which is the many types of plants that will thrive in a green wall. Depending on some of the above-listed factors, your green wall could feature mosses, ivy, ferns, herbs, and more.
Let Us Help You Build a Green Wall in Scottsdale
Are you looking to build a green wall in Scottsdale? Here are the steps you will have to follow.
- Pick a Location – Location is of vital importance for your vertical green wall. You need to pick a location where your plants will get enough light. Additionally, you must take into account temperature, humidity, and traffic flow. All these factors are essential to determine whether the plants will be able to grow and thrive in your business.
- Plan Your Structure – The design of your green wall structure is also significant. You need a structure that can support both the plants and the soil and one that has enough room for the plants to grow. You must also decide how your irrigation system will fit into your green wall structure.
- Consider Your Irrigation System – Another factor to contemplate regarding your vertical green wall is the irrigation system. You can choose to use either a recirculating irrigation system or a direct irrigation system. A direct irrigation system is connected to an external water source. An example of this would be a green wall that is connected to the city water in some way. A recirculating irrigation system waters itself with a water tank and a pump that circulates the water. However, with a recirculating system, you will have to fill up the water tank when it runs out.
- Add the Right Plants – Simply put, some plants will not work well in a green wall system, but many plants will. Do your research and find out which types of plants will thrive in your particular office environment. Also, be sure these plants will work well in a green wall system.
- Enjoy Your Green Wall – There are many reasons you may have chosen to build a green wall. Green walls can naturally filter the air, they look beautiful, and the presence of plants can reduce stress. Whatever your reason for building, be sure to enjoy it once it’s finished.
Those are the basic steps to building a green wall, but you don’t have to do it yourself. Plant Solutions is a plant services company that specializes in designing and building living green wall systems. We can help you get a green wall system in Scottsdale that lives up to your standards. Learn more about our green wall systems and how you can customize them here.