skip the roses this Valentine’s day
By Phoenix Green Chamber of Commerce | February 4, 2011 | topics: No Roses for Valentine’s Day, Foreign Greenhouses, Pesticides
Roses have always been a popular choice for Valentines’ Day. However, did you know that most roses in the U.S. are produced in foreign greenhouses and grown with over 30 different kinds of pesticides? It kind of puts a damper on the romantic notion of bringing home a dozen for your sweetie, doesn’t it? Well fear not, we have put together 5 awesome suggestions that are sure to make your Valentine happy this year, pesticides not included.
- Make a romantic dinner for two with local and organic produce from your neighborhood grocery store or farmer’s market.
- Bring home a bottle of domestic, organic wine. They are made without added sulfites which is great for loved ones with allergies and asthma.
- Detoxify, purify and pamper at your local spa with an organic couple’s massage or spa treatment.
- Draw a romantic bath with organic bath salts and local wax candles.
- Still stuck on flowers? Visit a local greenhouse or farmer’s market to get fresher, cleaner flowers than the one’s shipped to the flower shops.
Mindful choices do make a difference… Tread softly…